Die Maker - Machinist
Die Maker- Machinist
Windsor Door – has a rich 68 year history of manufacturing of overhead doors in Arkansas and is looking for the right people to join our growing team. We have an opening in our maintenance department. . Knowledge of manufacturing, metal, metal forming required. Salary will be determined on skills and experience level. High speed, high volume manufacturing
This is a safety sensitive position and requires the ability to pass a drug screen and a background check. Current shift is 5 AM to 5:30 regular shift is 7AM to 3:30. You must be flexible enough to work OT if needed. No phone calls- please send resume. Safety Sensitive position – must be able to pass drug screen. No phone calls- please send resume. Someone from Windsor Door will call to schedule interviews with the appropriate hiring managers if your experience meets all the qualifications. Please make sure your voicemail is activated and not full.
1) Lays out, machines, fits, assembles, and finishes metal castings and parts to make and repair stamping dies, analyzing specifications and applying knowledge of die design and construction: Studies blueprints of product and die, prototype products, and die models.
2) Visualizes structure and function of die and plans operations, applying knowledge of shop mathematics, machining and assembly methods, properties of sheet metal under pressure, and metal-forming presses.
3) Measures, marks, and scribes castings and stock for machining.
4) Sets up and operates machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
5) May only repair dies and be designated Die Repairer, Stamping.
- Ability to alternate walking, standing for extended periods of time, sitting, climbing, bending, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing, carrying or lifting up to 50lbs routinely and 75 lbs occasionally. While performing the job, this position will have occasional duties that include: walking, sitting, talking, hearing, and will have to use the hands and fingers to lift, feel, and reach.
- Ability to work while being exposed to weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat as necessary.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs routinely and 75 lbs occasionally.
This is a safety sensitive position