Dock Hand Loader
Windsor Door – has a rich 68 year history of manufacturing of overhead doors in Arkansas and is looking for the right people to join our growing team. We have an opening for a Dock Hand/Loader in our shipping department.
You must be flexible enough to work OT and Saturdays if needed. No phone calls- please send resume. Safety Sensitive position – must be able to pass drug screen.
Someone from Windsor Door will call to schedule interviews with the appropriate hiring managers if your experience meets all the qualifications. Please make sure your voicemail is activated and not full.
Role and Responsibilities:
Loads trailers, moves materials within or near plant, stages material for shipping while maintaining a clean and safe work environment, by performing the following duties.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products (if needed).
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Ability to follow through on training procedures
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed with short notice consistent with the labor contract
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and l00's.
- Working knowledge of PC’s.
- Must be licensed to operate fork truck and/or must pass any/all recertification for forklift training While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Stable work history
- Very physical job this person must have the ability to stand/walk/talk hear for long periods of time in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Must be able to repetitively lift material up to and including 75 pounds unassisted. Heavier loads with help.
- Must be able to adapt to differences in climatic conditions associated with shipping operations. (Heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, move quickly, load trucks and be able to comprehend stacking and safe loading of many types of vehicles.
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position
This is a safety sensitive position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 12 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- Little Rock, AR 72209 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible