Maintenance Mechanic - Manufacturing
Windsor Door – has a rich 68 year history of manufacturing of overhead doors in Arkansas and is looking for the right people to join our growing team. We have an opening in our maintenance department. . Knowledge of manufacturing, metal, metal forming required. Salary will be determined on skills and experience level. High speed, high volume manufacturing
This is a safety sensitive position and requires the ability to pass a drug screen and a background check. Current shift is 5 AM to 5:30 regular shift is 7AM to 3:30. You must be flexible enough to work OT if needed. No phone calls- please send resume. Safety Sensitive position – must be able to pass drug screen. No phone calls- please send resume. Someone from Windsor Door will call to schedule interviews with the appropriate hiring managers if your experience meets all the qualifications. Please make sure your voicemail is activated and not full.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Repairs and replaces parts on mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical heating and air, plumbing systems and machinery.
· Works from drawings to build equipment modifications.
· Devises methods to adapt available machinery for production requirements.
· Repairs and replaces structures, floors, etc.
· Installs machines and equipment.
· Performs preventive maintenance on machinery.
· Machinist Knowledge. Vertical mills, Drill Press, and Lathes.
· Some Metal Stamping knowledge.
· Some PLC Knowledge.
Qualifications / Requirements
· One year certificate from college or technical school; or 6-12 months related industrial maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to read blueprints, machine drawings, etc. and be able to communicate directions, instructions, etc. in writing.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Maintains building and grounds.
· Must be able to accommodate work hours which may fluctuate from time to time due to equipment breakdowns, machine installations, etc.
· Must be able to consistently lift materials up to and including 25 and occasionally 50 pounds unassisted. Heavier loads with help.
· Install, maintain, and repair plant equipment, guards, grounds, etc. to improve the safety preparedness of the entire facility.
· Must be able to adapt to differences in climatic conditions associated with maintenance operations.
· Capable of performing preventative maintenance and repair on various plant powered equipment i.e., oiling, belt adjustment, painting, lubrication.
· Under guidance, the position aids with the installation, specialized repair and maintenance of equipment.
· Must be able to utilize common maintenance and repair tools such as: Hydraulic benders, thread cutters, drill, etc.
· Must be able to set-up and operate an oxy-acetylene cutting torch.
· Must be able to operate Mig/Stick welders.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
· Ability to comprehend all safety policy and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
We provide masks, soap, hand sanitizer, monitor health and temperature, encourage social distancing, clean routinely and deep clean weekly.
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Stamping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 2 years (Required)
- Little Rock, AR 72209 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible